How it works
I offer THREE options...
1) My Signature Collection of Pet Studies
2) A hand-sketched Single Pet Study - available in a variety of sizes
3) An A4 Single Digital Drawing - hand-drawn using a stylus onto a digital device, with two styles to choose from (a bold and modern black and white style drawing, and a softer, looser, more sketchy style drawing). The digital file is then professionally printed.
Click on the example images below to make them larger
The Opulent Mutts Signature
Collection of Pet Studies
The Opulent Mutts Signature Collection of Pet Studies is a unique package of custom art, containing a beautiful selection of original sketches of your pets. I draw with ink, soluble graphite, soluble carbon, pencil and charcoal on paper to create a beautiful monochrome collection of work for you to present as a gift or to display in your home.
Spend some time choosing a selection of your photographs for me to work from. I suggest about 10 - 15 photographs but you are welcome to provide more if you need to. Not all of your photographs will be used, but I do like to have a good selection of pictures to work with as they give me a better idea of who your pets are to you, and I can sift through and find the real gems that will make beautiful drawings and sketches.
I create drawings of different sizes depending on what I feel about the photographs, but if you have a few specific sized frames to fill and want to make sure I pick your favourite photographs, you are more than welcome to describe your preferences. Aside from your drawings I also include a small pack of hand-sketched greeting cards with envelopes in your collection, so that you can share your art with friends and family.
I take a 50% deposit upfront which is non-refundable, and the remainder plus P&P will be invoiced to you upon completion. The art will be sent out to you beautifully gift wrapped, via recorded and tracked delivery once the full payment has been received. The whole process can take between 3 to 6 weeks depending on my current workload and how quickly I receive your photographs.
A Single "Pet Study" Style Portrait
You can commission a single Pet Study similar to the drawings included in my Collection of Pet Studies.
Smaller drawings are drawn using ink and soluble graphite on paper. Larger drawings may also include charcoal and soluble carbon to add more texture and depth.
My Pet Studies are not intended to be life-like portraits with detail built up in layers, they are loose and expressive sketches with a focus on suggestion, and use of bold, sketchy ink lines, the gritty texture of charcoal and watery shading.
Larger drawings may contain finer detail than small ones, but the overall effect is intended to be loose and expressive. Take a look at my gallery before commissioning work for a clearer idea of what to expect.
Please contact me directly to enquire about larger works of art, and composition portraits with several drawings of your pet in he same portrait.
* Pricing is not inclusive of P&P. A quote will be given during your consultation and will depend on your order and location.
A Single "Digital Drawing" Pet Portrait
A Single "Digital Drawing" Pet Portrait is hand drawn using a stylus onto a digital device, and then professionally printed using archival inks onto a beautiful A4 sheet of German Etching Paper, and can also be professionally mounted and framed. I can draw up to two animals per portrait as the maximum print size is only A4. You are welcome to purchase extra prints in both A5 and A4 sizes whenever you like.
My Digital Drawings come in 2 style categories - Style A is a bold and modern black and white monochrome drawing, whereas Style B is loose and sketchy with shading and has a softer vibe. I have examples of both in my Digital Drawings Gallery.
£70 - Single subject - unframed
£30 - Additional price for extra subject
£30 - Additional price for mount & framing
£15 - Extra Prints (A5)
£25 - Extra Prints (A4)
£100 - Digital File** (for personal use only)
* The price of the digital file is additional to the commission fee. If you prefer not to have the original A4 print which is usually included with your commission, you may have a £20 reduction on the commission fee. The digital file can be used to re-print your drawing as many times as you like at home or via an online printing company or shop. This is a great option if you would like to print your drawing onto greeting cards, stickers, magnets, stationery, mugs and other products. You may use the file to publish and share your drawing on your personal social networks. Please note that the copyrights remain with the author and you are only permitted to use the file for personal use, not commercial use.